Follow Me on Twitter

Friday, March 25, 2011

In Love with God or In Love with What God Can Do For You?

 I have a doozie of a question. Are we in love with God or are we more in love with what God can do for us? It’s a perfectly legit question. Too often I think I find myself more in love with what God can do for me, especially when I get caught up in my own mess. I don’t think I like that very much. I want to be in love WITH GOD! Which brings me to this verse:  A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum, the people heard that he had come home. They gathered in such large numbers that there was no room left, not even outside the door, and he preached the word to them. Some men came, bringing to him a paralyzed man, carried by four of them. Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus by digging through it and then lowered the mat the man was lying on.  When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” (Mark 2:1-5). It really looked like the people were so worried about getting their own needs met, they had their backs turned to the very one who needed him the most. I believe those in that house that day were more in love with what Jesus could do for them than in love with him. We all get this way.  We can get so focused on what we need, what we want, what we desire from God, that we fail to see how He loves and cares for us and others.  We get so caught up in our desires, that we forget just to love Him.  So what about you? Are you more in love with God or with what God can do for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment